Horse Poop – The Facts
Horse poop has many practical uses. Here are some crazy horse poop facts…
- Dried horse manure is great for growing roses
- A horse produces 33-50 pounds (15-23 kg) of feces per day.
- If a horse is kept in confinded quaters, the owner must muck out up to 8 tons of waste per year.
- Fresh horse feces can stink a bit, but many people actually favor the unique smell of dried horse manure.
- Three-quaters of fresh horse poop is water and the last portion is dead bacteria, undegested fiber, fats, dead cells, and phosphates.
- Horse feces are usually green if green roughages are eaten. Light-colored hay produces yellowish feces.
- Horse manure is a clean, natural product used by landscapers and farmers as topsoil and fertilizer. Special horse-manure composting bins and products are on the market
There's certainly an elite side to horse racing, in that the events are expensive, the
Before the historic Hollywood Park race track closes in December, CBS2/KCAL9's Kristine Leahy was invited
Injuries to the Carpal Bones and Carpus In Horses COMMON WITH THOROUGHBREDS Information from Horse Centric - http://www.horsecentric.com/articles/horse-health/leg-injuries/carpal-bone-injuries.php ---> This is an example of a really bad case of Carpal Bones and